




Despite finding Sioux with a potato field across her back I was motivated to clean her up (ish) and go for a hack. But about 2 minutes after we were inside the school to groom and tack up the skies opened and there was a record breaking - almost 1 hour long - deluge. Matilde, with Jacob and the Boris the dog came running to seek shelter, so I even had a photographer at hand when I clambered onboard and rode Sioux indoors instead. Sioux was quite happy to mosey around, and when she'd had enough she let me know by lowering her head all the way to the ground. Not in a pulling-the-reins-out-of-my-hand kind of way, but just in a "oh, I'm tired now" way. And as she's the expert I listen to her. But not before doing a few little tricks, such as backing up on a handsignal and verbal command, just to remind her that I'm supposed to be the one in charge...
No comments:
Post a Comment