Saturday, 28 August 2010

Oppholdsgressing

Været er, for å si det mildt, ustabilt. Hagl, duskregn, sol, pøsregn, sol, høljregn osv. Da jeg kom på stallen øste det ned, men innen jeg hadde fått på gummistøvler og gått ned til hestene var det oppholdsvær. Så da ble det en god halvtimes gressing før jeg satt dem inn for å tørke. Mens de rullet og så fikk på tørkedekken fjernet jeg en trillebår med søkkvåt møkk fra paddocken og fikk unna litt annet "forefallende". I solskinn. Inne trillebåren og jeg var inne igjen striregnet det. Tror ikke hestene er så lei seg for å bo inne om natten igjen med sånn sommer.

The weather is, to put it mildly, unstable. Hail, drizzle, sunshine, pouring rain, sunshine, torrential rain etc. When I arrived at the yard it was raining cats and dogs, but by the time I had my wellies on and had gone down to the horses it had stopped. So we had a good half hour to graze before I put them in to dry off. While they rolled and had their hay I removed a wheelbarrow full of soaking manure from their paddocks and got other miscellaneous stuff out of the way. In the sun. But by the time the wheelbarrow and I were back in side it was raining cats and dogs again. Think the horses are pretty pleased to spend nights indoors again with a summer like this.

No comments: