selvom bildet av Biloxi illustrerer noe ganske annet. Da jeg kom var hestene litt urolige, og det viste seg at det var en hel armé med hestebrems på ferde. Etter å ha - med vellyst og entusiasme - drept hele ni stykker roet både Sioux og Biloxi seg betraktelig. Det vil si, Sioux koste litt og spiste mye og Biloxi koste mye og spiste litt. Riktig koselig var det! Tok dem inn etterhvert, og Sioux fikk halve middagsrasjonen sin og gumlet på høy mens jeg var på ridetur med Amblem (stallen der Sioux pleier stå om sommeren er snaue 5 minutters kjøretur unna). Tilbake på stallen var planen igrunn bare å kose litt og gi resten av maten, men Biloxi virket veldig våken så jeg tenkte at en tur i hallen kanskje var en god idé. Leide begge i grime og tau, og Biloxi fikk i tillegg en "æresrunde" rundt hele hallen - inklusive litt trav - hvor han oppførte seg kjempefint. Det er fortsatt tydelig at han synes at grimegreia er ganske dum. Men han tuller veldig lite, og følger meg bort fra, eller i volte rundt, Sioux uten problemer. Når dette var over valgte jeg å fokusere mest på Sioux, og vi lekte stolleken med noen få godbiter og massemasse kløing. Pånnis synes helt klart at dette er ypperlig tidsfordriv. Ble nesten en time ekstra ute, og når vi kom inn igjen var Sioux over seg av lykke når jeg kom med mer mat. Og Biloxi tok seg en lur etter å ha slikket bøtten.
Today was an active day, even though the photo of Biloxi relaxing in the grass seems to prove otherwise. When I arrived both horses seemed a little stressed, and no wonder, they were practically beseiged by horseflys. After I'd killed - with great enthusiasm - about nine of them MLP and Biloxi relaxed visibly. Sioux focussing on eating and Biloxi on playing and relaxing. After an hour or so, I took them in and Sioux got half of her dinner rations and they were left to eat and relax while I went for a hack on my friends horse who lives only a 5 minute drive away. When I came back the plan was to just cuddle and give the rest of the food, however, Biloxi was very alert and active, and the indoor arena free, so I put the headcollars and leadropes on and took them both with me. Biloxi still thinks this whole leading thing is a bit boring and stupid, so we practiced a little more, and he behaved very well. Following me in walk and jog, walking away from or around Sioux. However, after 5 minutes or so I let him off the hook, and focussed on MLP instead. We played the chair game today as well, with a few little tidbits, and a lot of scratching. Sioux really likes this, and we were out for almost an hour. When we went back in and she realised there was more food to come as well she was a very very happy horse. Biloxi licked the bucket, and then lay down to relax.
Today was an active day, even though the photo of Biloxi relaxing in the grass seems to prove otherwise. When I arrived both horses seemed a little stressed, and no wonder, they were practically beseiged by horseflys. After I'd killed - with great enthusiasm - about nine of them MLP and Biloxi relaxed visibly. Sioux focussing on eating and Biloxi on playing and relaxing. After an hour or so, I took them in and Sioux got half of her dinner rations and they were left to eat and relax while I went for a hack on my friends horse who lives only a 5 minute drive away. When I came back the plan was to just cuddle and give the rest of the food, however, Biloxi was very alert and active, and the indoor arena free, so I put the headcollars and leadropes on and took them both with me. Biloxi still thinks this whole leading thing is a bit boring and stupid, so we practiced a little more, and he behaved very well. Following me in walk and jog, walking away from or around Sioux. However, after 5 minutes or so I let him off the hook, and focussed on MLP instead. We played the chair game today as well, with a few little tidbits, and a lot of scratching. Sioux really likes this, and we were out for almost an hour. When we went back in and she realised there was more food to come as well she was a very very happy horse. Biloxi licked the bucket, and then lay down to relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment